Case: How to use platform thinking as a way of place branding
Siw Andersen is the CEO of Oslo Business Region.
The foundation of the annual event Oslo Innovation Week is collaboration – platform thinking. In 2019, 63 events where organised by 150 partners. How to attract the right partners and what are the (financial) risks? How to reach your target audience and how to measure success?
Oslo Innovation Week attracts 13 000 people annually and has been on the Forbes list of events you should attend. The international attendance has grown from 19% in 2015 to 31% in 2019, and from 94 event organisers in 2015 to 153 in 2019. The event organisers report a value of 4.2, where 5 is best, of being part of Oslo Innovation Week.
Siw will focus on key aspects with platform thinking:
- Collaboration – what is platform thinking and why should you do it? How can this model be important for a community, city or country?
- Time – how to build a platform and should you? What are the (financial) risks?
- Positioning – What are the right partners and how do you get the onboard? How to compete against the millions of events out there?
- Purpose – how to develop goals that unites and also pushes forward?
- Communication – how to reach yours and your partners target audience? How to measure success?
Siw will talk about the lessons from leading an innovation platform project over six years.